Salvador Dali : La Divine Comédie
Schoen Palace Museum in Sosnowiec
Sosnowiec, Poland: 25/04/2019 to 11/08/2019
Following the success of this exhibition in Latvia, Lithuania and Slovakia, portfolio La Divine Comédie by Salvador Dali, is now in Schoen Palace Museum in Sosnowiec (Poland) and this exhibitions is realized in partnership with Collection Kesauri. Exhibition is open from 25/04/2019 to 11/08/2019 and is featuring 296 original works of greatest master of our time.
Curated by Mgr. Kesauri Aleksandre, Mgr. Kessaouri Vassili and Mgr. Inż. Arch. Paweł Dusza, produced and organized by Art Expo SIA in partnership with the Collection Kesauri, Inter-Vax sp.j., www.inter-vax.pl, owned by Mr. Wacław Górny and CONSITE Sp. z o.o., www.coffeesite.pl, owned by Mr. Tomasz Szumlak.
Project that sets out to attract families, youths, clients, and employees to the world of art by offering reduced tickets to exhibitions, events, and art and culture related activities.
The exhibition "La Divine Comedie" is composed by exhibits from Collection Kesauri of original works made by Salvador Dali.
There are 100 original xylographs, 100 original copper plate etchings, 50 original decompositions of 3 xylographies, memorabilia - double-signed by Dali and Gala postcard, 4 original serigraphs on silk, 1 etching printed on silk and 42 other works on ceramics and silver.
In 1950, at the request of Libreria dello Stato in Rome, Salvador Dali undertakes to paint 100 watercolors illustrating 100 songs from the Divine Comedy of Dante. In 1951, some watercolors are exposed in Rome. While the Master's work is continuing, the Italian government finally has decided that Dante's work must be illustrated by an Italian painter. The contract between the Libreria dello Stato and Salvador Dali has been cancelled and the painter recover ownership of his work. By his own initiative, Salvador Dali decided to finish all the suite. The work continued from 1950 to 1959. In July 1959, Les Heures Claires buy exclusivity and all copyrights: suite is carefully engraved and printed together under the leadership of Jean Estrade. This work will be considered as one of the most significant of the 20 century. The selection of colors, engraving of 3500 woodplates, which were necessary for the creation of 100 xylographs, took four years, or 55 months of continuous work by a group of best specialists in presence and continuous assessment of the Master (April 1959 - November 1963).
The aim of the exhibition is to help the public to see and understand how Dali materializes his views thanks to his special artistic language in the form of images, which often take an intangible aspect, but clearly are felt by spectator. The exhibited works demonstrate Dali’s creative side his amazing imagination.
To understand Dali, we should put the fundamental principle that he was an intellectual artist. His painting is primarily to illustrate his theories and ideas. It was important for him to represent not what we see, but what we feel or think, probably without realizing it.
After a number of detailed introductions to artist, the exhibition is divided into seven thematic sections:
1. Salvador Dali "La Divine Comedie" - 100 original xylographs,
2. Salvador Dali "La Divine Comedie" - 100 original copper plate etchings,
3. Salvador Dali "La Divine Comedie" - 50 original decompositions of 3 xylographies
4. Salvador Dali "La Divine Comedie" - memorabilia - double-signed by Dali and Gala postcard, 5. Salvador Dali "La Divine Comedie" - 4 original silkgraphs on silk, 6. Salvador Dali "La Divine Comedie" - etching printed on silk, 7. Salvador Dali - 42 other works on ceramics and silver.
- Les Heures Claires 1959-1963, Paris, 1959.
- Paper: BFK Rives
- References: Field p. 189-200 / Michlerand Lopsinger 1039 to 1138.
- Provenance: It was owned by movie star Marina Vlady, sold at the Hotel Drouot auction November 25, 2015, Lot №5
Schoen Palace Museum in Sosnowiec,
ul. Chemiczna 12,41-205 Sosnowiec, Polska
Time work of Museum
- Adult : 20 zł.
- Children (between 7-17 years old), senior, student : 15 zł.
- Family : exactly 2 adults and N children between 7-17 (included) years old : 40 zł + N*10 zł. (10 zł by each child)
- School groups - minimum 10 children : each children - 10 zł, teacher(s) with children group - free entrance.
- Children under 7 years : free.
T. +48 32 363 45 10
email@example.com | T. +48 32 363 45 10
Art Expo S.I.A.